” A new journey to be started. A new promise to be fulfilled. A new page to be written. Go forth unto this waiting world with glass in hand, all you wine lovers, the open bottle awaits. Be creative. Be adventurous. Be original. And above all else, be brave. For knowing wine is your greatest ally, your greatest tool. Use it wisely.”
- Wonder Woman (Kind of...)

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

DEAR DOCTOR...let us solve your wine problems

Dr Hannah Wine Therapist
and perfect housewife.
Dear Dr Hannah,
I do hope you  can help me.My sister is getting married on Saturday and while she was out with her fiancee last night ,I crept up to her bedroom and tried on her wedding dress.I know! I know ! What was I thinking of? Well actually I wasn't thinking because, I was having a glass of wine and as I have been dieting to fit into my bridesmaid dress ,the alcohol went straight to my head. Anyway there I was,swirling around in front of the mirror admiring myself ,when I managed to knock over the remainder of my glass, which was on the floor beside the mirror. I nearly died in fright, as this is a really expensive wedding dress and you can clearly see the pink stains around the hem. I did not have a clue what to do about the stain so I just crammed the dress back in its carrier and ran.
Please can you help me .Can you tell me how to remove red wine stains.I really do not want to tell my sister what I have done, as she is marrying my ex boyfriend and might think I did it on purpose.Which of course I didn't!

Upset from Ulster

Dear Upset from Ulster.
My my you are in a pickle here.First off can I point out that excessive dieting prior to a special event can be disastrous for the very reason mentioned by you. I have been to several  weddings where the bridesmaids have been quite tipsy because they have not been eating properly prior to the wedding. Secondly to avoid long-term damage to your sisters wedding dress you should  have acted as fast as possible by blotting the stains to remove any excess wine ,using a white cloth as the dye from coloured cloth could leak into the fabric and cause further damage. You should have run cold water over the stain immediately to dilute it. If  the red wine has dried in it will be much harder to get it out now.
Given that you have done none of the above, it is highly unlikely that the stain can be got out of your sisters wedding dress . My best advice to you, is to suggest that you do a runner before the wedding ,preferable with your ex boyfriend/her fiance ...that way she will probably just burn the dress without looking at it and so will not be angry with you about the red wine stain.

I do hope that my advice works out for both you and your sister.
Dr Hannah


No comments:

Post a Comment