” A new journey to be started. A new promise to be fulfilled. A new page to be written. Go forth unto this waiting world with glass in hand, all you wine lovers, the open bottle awaits. Be creative. Be adventurous. Be original. And above all else, be brave. For knowing wine is your greatest ally, your greatest tool. Use it wisely.”
- Wonder Woman (Kind of...)

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

DEAR DOCTOR...let us solve your wine problems

Dr Hannah wine therapist
and perfect housewife
Dear Dr Hannah,
I really hope you can help me as I have a serious problem regarding my sister and her choice in wine.For over fifteen years now she has consistently drank Errazuriz Merlot and refuses to drink any other wines at home.She does sometimes drink different ones when she goes to a restaurant ,but only because her lovely husband insists upon it. Her daughter ,who happens to be my  godchild, has just turned 18 and also seems  reluctant to try wines other than Errazuriz Merlot herself.
What can I do to prevent this legacy going forward.

A worried Godmother  from Dollymount


Dear Worried Godmother  from Dollymount.

Your letter throws up some very interesting issues.Firstly I note with interest that it is a Chilean Merlot that your sister drinks. This could actually be a good thing because Chilean Merlot may have the highest concentrations of polyphenols  which may reduce cardiovascular disease and protect ones memory into old age .While I am not a cardiologist perhaps your sisters lovely husband should not be so quick to order other wines when they go out.

You say that her daughter has just turned 18 and likes to drink Errazuriz Merlot as well.
Could I suggest here that both mother and daughter start keeping extensive notes on the various vintages that they drink. Between the 15 years that your sister has drank it and maybe the 70 or 80 years that her daughter will drink it ,this could form an important  study of Errazuriz  vintage variation which could be a great legacy in  the future.

I suggest the extensive notes just in case that polyphenol memory theory is incorrect.

I do hope that I have helped to solve your problem .

Dr Hannah
Wine therapist and perfect housewife


No comments:

Post a Comment