” A new journey to be started. A new promise to be fulfilled. A new page to be written. Go forth unto this waiting world with glass in hand, all you wine lovers, the open bottle awaits. Be creative. Be adventurous. Be original. And above all else, be brave. For knowing wine is your greatest ally, your greatest tool. Use it wisely.”
- Wonder Woman (Kind of...)

Thursday, October 7, 2010

DEAR DOCTOR...let us solve your wine problems

Dr Hannah Wine Therapist
and perfect housewife
Dear Dr Hannah,
 I do hope you can help me.My friend and I have been invited to go to a Debs dance with two nice girls from the Northside.My friend Lorcan,who is from Ranelagh, has never been over to that side of the city  before and is getting a bit nervous.I have tried to reassure him that there is nothing to worry about but he is convinced that we will be fed fish and chips and that they might only serve beer with the dinner.As he is a Coeliac ,he is unable to drink beer and obviously would have an intolerance for the flour in the fish batter.What would you advise we do?

                                           Ken from Kimmage.



Dear Ken,
My,my, you do appear to be in a dilemma here.
I suppose the first question that we need to clarify is what you mean by "nice girls"?Obviously if they are really nice... as in,handsome and good looking ...your friend Lorcan might be prepared to forego eating and drinking on the night in question if he is truly keen on his Debutante date.Another option would be to alert the girl in question to Lorcan`s special needs and maybe he could get fish without any batter..although I do believe this would be considered rather unusual on the Northside.As for beer, maybe they will have a gluten free one available,though again this would be considered unusual on that side of the city.However despair not! because as a coeliac Lorcan can drink cider without getting ill, and I know for a fact that it is extremely popular over there.
However a word of caution.Advise Lorcan not to drink too much as he might be tempted to make rash advances on his date, which could result in rejection..and that is not easy to bear on an empty stomach!

Ken, I do hope that my advice works out for both you, Lorcan and the two lucky girls.
Dr Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment