” A new journey to be started. A new promise to be fulfilled. A new page to be written. Go forth unto this waiting world with glass in hand, all you wine lovers, the open bottle awaits. Be creative. Be adventurous. Be original. And above all else, be brave. For knowing wine is your greatest ally, your greatest tool. Use it wisely.”
- Wonder Woman (Kind of...)

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pearl Cartoon Girl checks out The Dublin Web Summit.

Pearl Cartoon Girl
Meet Pearl our cartoon girl. Yes! a cartoon girl ...who spends her time out and about, posing and air kissing with the best of them. She is not a real person and sometimes the people she hangs out with aren`t either! Because the WOW girls are far too busy to be out and about all the time, we have appointed Pearl our cartoon girl, to fill us in on what`s happening around town!






M`dears,
I had hardly drawn breath from the The European Wine Bloggers Conference in Vienna when, low and behold, I start getting tweets from Jack Dorsey and skypes from Nicklas Zennstrom ,my new best "teckie" friends,to let me know they will be in town this weekend for the Dublin Web Summit 2010.
Jack has promised me his brand new app which will allow me send, and more importantly receive, money using my smart phone .He was telling me that this will revolutionize commerce, and despite the urge to nod off as he spoke, I vaguely recall him saying that it will end the need for cards,cheques and even cash.

However much more importantly,on the social front I am in deep trouble because bright and all as these boys are, they will not exactly help my street cred in the more fashionable clubs around town.They may be part of the "smart economy" and they definitely look smart ,but m`dears ,only in a embarrassingly brainy way!

I may appreciate that they are worth billions but try telling this to the doorman in Crystal on a busy Saturday night ,not to mention them trying to  pay for my Champagne by offering the barman their mobiles whilst naively imagining that this will be a first for him. Security!

  Wont see you there!
   Kiss, Kiss,
     Pearl

No comments:

Post a Comment