” A new journey to be started. A new promise to be fulfilled. A new page to be written. Go forth unto this waiting world with glass in hand, all you wine lovers, the open bottle awaits. Be creative. Be adventurous. Be original. And above all else, be brave. For knowing wine is your greatest ally, your greatest tool. Use it wisely.”
- Wonder Woman (Kind of...)

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Pearl Cartoon Girl Visits The Dail For Budget Discussions

Pearl Cartoon Girl
Meet Pearl our cartoon girl. Yes! a cartoon girl ...who spends her time out and about, posing and air kissing with the best of them. She is not a real person and sometimes the people she hangs out with are not either! Because the WOW girls are far too busy to be out and about all the time, we have appointed Pearl our cartoon girl, to fill us in on what`s happening around town!

M`dears,
Imagine my horror when the WOW girls asked me to hang around the Dail to see if I could nab the minister of Finance in order to slip him their budget submission.What would I even wear to the Dail? Did I own any cloths awful enough? How long would it take me to get my hair looking bad enough to fit in with the people that I have seen wandering through those gates? As it transpired, I just stayed out on the town for the entire weekend and headed straight for the Dail bar on Monday morning .I grabbed a particularly naff cardi and fake pearls in Marks & Sparks on the way,and to my credit I think I fitted in quite nicely!

My Sleeping Chamber
Obviously I had no idea what the minister looks like as I don`t do newspapers...far too depressing...however the dishy little barman Sean said he would point him out to me when he arrived in .Three hours later and a similar number of glasses of wine, still no sign, and fatigue from the long weekend started to kick in. I decided to have a little mooch for somewhere quiet to grab forty winks and found just the place on a balcony with benches that I could stretch out on.
I had no problem drifting off but  was awoken to a persistent  high pitched droning noise which turned out to be several badly dressed people shouting at each other across the room below.
Now here is the interesting part M`dears ,I distinctly heard  them shouting something like the  tax revenue on drink is down and that only wine volumes are up. While this meant absolutely  nothing to me this news sent the WOW girls into wine buying mode, as they reckon the minister will have to get duty from somewhere in the budget .Personally I found the whole discussion very distasteful as I don't  like to have to think about money let alone talk about it ,I just enjoy spending it.

Kiss,Kiss,
Pearl




No comments:

Post a Comment